Sam Pang departs Logies following three-year hosting stint


Following mounting speculation, Sam Pang has finally confirmed he is saying goodbye to his gig as Logies host.

Speaking to The Age, the presenter, 52, revealed that after three years in the role, his tenure presenting Australian TV’s night of nights has come to a close.

“I’ve had three great years, and it was wonderful, but I’m just not going to do it this year,” he said.

Sam Pang has declined to return as host for the 2026 Logies. (Seven Network)

The Age reported that while the comedian and TV personality had been approached to reprise his hosting role at the event’s 2026 iteration, he “politely declined.”

Pang said the departure was “very amicable,” adding, “I’m well aware I may never do it again, and whoever does it I’m sure will do a great job.”

When asked about his reasons for departing the helm, he revealed he “just thought three was a nice number.”

Pang’s iconic brand of comedy defined the Logies following his hosting debut in 2023, quickly becoming a smash hit with audiences and a major drawing car for the titular awards show.

READ MORE: Carrie Bickmore’s new health fears in radio return

READ MORE: Kylie Minogue recalls Michael Hutchence relationship

READ MORE: Actor breaks silence on co-star’s memoir allegations

Pang’s last hurrah as host in 2025 enticed an average of 1.43 million viewers – giving the Logies its highest ratings since 2012.

There is no official word on who will replace the outgoing presenter come August, however according to the Daily Mail, sources from within the network have revealed executives are now “scrambling” to confirm a replacement prior to August 16.

Logies winners who became famous

The Aussie Logie winners who became Hollywood stars

“[Sam] loved doing the Logies but there was also a feeling he’d taken the role as far as he wanted to creatively and now wanted to focus on other opportunities,” the source added.

Several different names are reportedly being discussed internally.

The presenter helmed the awards show from 2023 to 2025. (Seven)
Robert Irwin during an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on May 4, 2026.
The Network is reportedly scrambling to find a replacement, with several notable names in the mix. (Todd Owyoung/NBC via Getty Image)

Among those believed to be on the shortlist are comedians Aaron Chen, Jim Jefferies, and Kitty Flanagan, as well as beloved wildlife warrior Robert Irwin.

“Some executives want somebody edgy and unpredictable, while others think the event needs a more universally loved, family-friendly face.”

Irwin’s commercial viability, according to the source, skyrocketed following his mirrorball-winning stint on US competition show Dancing with the Stars, and his star has only continued to rise since.

FOLLOW US ON WHATSAPP HERE: Stay across all the latest in celebrity, lifestyle and opinion via our WhatsApp channel. No comments, no algorithm and nobody can see your private details.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top