Zayn Malik was forced to dodge a water bottle thrown towards him as he finished an ill-fated Q&A event in London.
Footage shows a member of the crowd throwing a bottle that narrowly missed the former One Direction member as he left the stage at a Banquet Records event in Kingston.
Malik, 33, had been taking part in Q&As to promote his latest project, Konnakol.
Watch the video above.
Nine.com.au has contacted Banquet Records and representatives for Malik for comment.
It is unclear what led to the incident.
The event had some last-minute changes that left fans frustrated, when a scheduling conflict meant two timeslots were combined into one.
READ MORE: ’90s star makes glamorous return six months after hospitalisation
READ MORE: Penelope Cruz breaks down during 20-minute standing ovation
READ MORE: Sex and the City star seen for the first time in years
”Don’t worry – the venue will still be within safe capacity. If you have tickets for both the 4pm and 6pm shows, you will be refunded for one event, if you have entered the venue,” Banquet Records said on social media.
This added to a particularly chaotic time for Malik, who recently cancelled 22 tour dates after being hospitalised last month.
He spent his Konnakol album release day, April 17, in hospital dealing with a mystery illness.
“Thank you so much for all the support and love you’ve shown me on the album release and more importantly your love, prayers and well wishes for my health,” he later said in a statement.
”I’ve had to take another look at my schedule for the months ahead and have to reduce the number of shows on the Konnakol tour.”
The day after Malik’s album release, reports emerged that he and his former bandmate Louis Tomlinson were involved in a physical altercation while filming a documentary series for Netflix.
The two One Direction stars were reportedly cast in a reunion road-trip docuseries that aimed to heal their relationship and explore their grief after the death of their bandmate Liam Payne.
For a daily dose of 9honey, subscribe to our newsletter here.
However, The US Sun reported that Malik began a verbal argument with Tomlinson, which turned physical when the former punched the latter in front of many people.
Tomlinson, 34, was then reportedly taken to hospital for treatment after suffering a concussion.
The incident led to the cancellation of the show.
Neither Malik nor Tomlinson commented on the cancellation, but the director in charge of the project, Nicola Marsh, shared a picture of The US Sun’s headline along with the comment, “And there goes the last year of work.
FOLLOW US ON WHATSAPP HERE: Stay across all the latest in celebrity, lifestyle and opinion via our WhatsApp channel. No comments, no algorithm and nobody can see your private details.
