Man charged with stealing camera equipment from Bondi shooting victim in aftermath of terror attack | New South Wales


NSW police have charged a man for allegedly stealing camera equipment from one of the victims of the Bondi beach terror attack, in the aftermath of the shooting.

In a statement, police allege that the man had been at the Hanukah event before the shooting on 14 December, in which 15 people were killed.

During their investigation into the attack, detectives “identified that one of the victims – a 61-year-old retired police officer and photographer – had his camera equipment stolen in the aftermath of the attack”.

On Wednesday morning police executed a search warrant in Sydney’s north-western suburbs.

They said they located and seized a camera, handcuffs and electronic devices, and found a small amount of white crystal powder and further electronics in a car.

A 35-year-old man was arrested and taken to Riverstone police station, where he was charged with larceny and disposing of stolen property.

“Police will allege the man was a photographer at the Hanukah event who stole the deceased 61-year-old’s camera equipment before pawning it days later,” the statement said.

He was granted strict conditional bail to appear before Blacktown local court on Monday 22 June.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top