London tube strikes called off at last minute | London Underground


Planned strikes by drivers on the London Underground this week have been called off, the RMT union has announced.

The union said that the two 24-hour stoppages from midday on Tuesday, which were set to disrupt travel over four days this week, had been suspended.

An RMT union spokesperson said: “At the 11th hour the employer has shifted its position, allowing us to further explore our members’ concerns around the imposition of new rosters, fatigue and safety issues.

“The dispute is not over, and more strike action will follow if we fail to make sufficient progress.”

Strikes had been also scheduled for 16 and 18 June, which have now been changed to Tuesday 2 June and Thursday 4 June, should the differences over a planned four-day week not be resolved.

Transport for London (TfL) has said that its proposals for a four-day week would be trialled on a voluntary basis. The rival union Aslef, which represents a slight majority of Tube drivers, has endorsed the TfL proposal.

More details soon …


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top